Monday, October 4, 2010

Back in Action

After nearly two years of sharing stories about life in the emergency room, this blog took a detour when I began medical school. No longer working as an ER tech meant that my source of material had dried up. While I'm enjoying the journey so far, blogging about hours spent studying does not make for interesting reading.

So, it is with great excitement that I will soon begin a clinical mentorship elective in our medical center's emergency department that will allow me to interact with and begin to examine real ER patients. I'm really looking forward to being back in the ER, this time with a medical student's perspective.

Speaking of life in the world of emergency medicine, this weekend the New York Times ran a profile on the Maimonides Medical Center emergency department.

Be sure to check out the article, photo essay, and video.

No comments: