Monday, September 13, 2010

The Circle of Life

One of the biggest changes I've noticed so far between college and medical school is Block-based scheduling. In undergrad, you'd have an exam or two throughout the semester, and then one massive final to worry about at the end. In med school, we're tested every three or four weeks. While we're currently only in the midst of Block 2, I've already noticed some cyclical trends, especially in terms of the weekends.

First Weekend:
We've barely covered anything this week, and we have so much time before the next exam. Hakuna Matata!

Second Weekend:
Wait... I have to learn the entire citric acid cycle again? Um, where did I put that biochem book?

Third Weekend:
Don't sneeze so loudly, this is a library! I have 800 more flashcards to memorize!

Fourth Weekend:
Post exam bliss. That wasn't so bad, right?

Just rinse and repeat for the next two years.

No comments: