Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Called a 'Hangover'

Scene: A well-dressed, professional-looking guy in his late twenties walks up to the triage desk on a relatively busy afternoon with a sheepish look on his face.  

Yuppie: "I, uh... this is kind of embarrassing, but I went out last night and had a little, uh, too much to drink.  But then this morning I woke up, and I feel like really nauseous... and I have a really bad headache.  It's really weird, I don't know what's wrong."

Triage nurse:  "Uh huh."  

Yuppie:  "Yeah, so I have a business meeting in a couple hours, could you guys just sneak me back and let me get some fluids real quick so I could make my appointment?"

Triage nurse:  "Well, there's a decent number of people ahead of you, but we'll try to get you back as soon as we possibly can."

Needless to say, this gentleman with his curious affliction was triaged to the bottom of the pile, and left after an hour or so to face his meeting, hangover and all.

No comments: