Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Favorite Resident

I first met my My Favorite Resident at an ER barbecue during the start of his intern year.  It was during my very first conversation with My Favorite Resident that he asked me if I truly enjoyed working in the ED, or if my grades were just really bad and I needed something to salvage my med school application.

As you might imagine, our relationship only blossomed from there.

Actually, to be fair, his attitude over the years has improved significantly.  I even got to the point where I started to believe that he had changed for the better, until I decided to sit in on a particularly interesting EM grand rounds lecture last week.

Taking my seat next to some of the other residents I'm friends with, I nodded at My Favorite Resident as he walked in.  Turning to me, he asked: "What are you doing here?  Are you getting paid?  Or are you trying to suck up to the faculty?"

Looks like we're back to where we started.

No comments: