Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trigger Happy

Dear X-ray tech,

When you announce that you're about to take an X-ray in Bed 2, and I'm on the other side of the curtain in Bed 3 yelling "Hold on!" as I empty a foley bag, please don't go ahead and shoot the film anyway.

I haven't made my babies yet, and I'd really prefer them not to glow in the dark.

Next time, if you'd like, I'll happily run out of the room with a white flag in one hand and a sloshing urinal in the other, shouting "Don't shoot... I surrender," if it will fulfill your trigger happy fantasies.

Just please don't irradiate my junk.

Sincerely yours,

Second Shift

1 comment:

michael said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. the amount of energy from one xray will not hurt you at all. You receive more radiation from being outside everyday than from a xray that is not directed at you.