Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thanks, But No Thanks

Dear (surprise!) No-Helmet Motorcyclist,

I appreciate the thought, really. As a soon-to-be medical student (still can't quite to believe that I'll be starting in just a few months), I love seeing all that I can in the ER before hitting the books for the next two years. And bloody, messy scalp avulsions never get old. So I do appreciate your consideration as I stare into the gaping wound that was once the back of your head, watching the surgeons attempt to suture and staple together the jagged ends of what little flesh remains.

But honestly, I've seen more than my fair share over the past few years. So if it's all the same to you, I'd rather you just wore a helmet next time. Sure, the scratches on the plastic won't be as impressive to show off as your wicked cool scars, but hey - just think of all those brain cells you'll save!

Sincerely yours,

SS

No comments: