Friday, June 19, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

Several of my friends have or are planning to enter Teach for America and spend two years teaching children in underserved districts across the country.  I tell them that I greatly admire their dedication, especially since I doubt that I would ever have the patience to constantly repeat myself while trying to keep rambunctious kids in line.

And then I remembered where I work.

Last night there was a woman so engrossed in her phone call and so unwilling to simply step out into the waiting room that she broke the sliding ambulance bay doors ajar not once, not twice, but three separate times before we threatened to have security come talk to her.  Sternly told to take her call elsewhere, she took a few steps toward the waiting room, and then did an about face back toward the ambulance bay.

It'll be detention for a week for that one.

No comments: