Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello [Co-Worker]

One of the reasons I love working in the ED is the strong sense of teamwork.  From the techs and the secretaries, to the security and custodial staff, to the nurses, mid-levels, and physicians, we're all on the same team and in the words of Ben Franklin, must all hang together or surely hang separately.  And for that reason, along with most of the staff, I make it a greet staff by name as I pass them in the halls.  It's not a big deal, but it's a nice gesture.

Which is why I felt like an arse today when I learned that I've been calling someone the wrong name all along.  She works in another part of the hospital, only passing through the ED occasionally, I still feel like an idiot.  To be fair, she never once corrected me, but in a way that almost makes it worse.

Oh well, looks like I'll never be a politician.

No comments: