Thursday, January 14, 2010

How Could I Possibly Misunderstand You?

During a particularly hectic shift...

MD: "Can you find me a [what I heard as] SANtimeter measure?"

SS: "I'm sorry, I don't know what that is."

MD: [looking at me like I'm dumber than dirt] "A SANtimeter measure."

SS: [scratching head] "SANtimeter... SANti... CENTimeter? A centimeter measure? You want a measuring tape?"

MD: rolling eyes "Yes."

Next time she wants something, I think we'll have better luck playing Charades.

1 comment:

Pink said...

As a transcriptionist (yes, we still exist), I am constantly amazed at the horrific mispronunciation of simple words and common meds. I won't even get into grammar....sigh. Sontometer and santimeter are pretty common ones though.

The one that really was hard to get used to was when some would dictate "full stop," for a period at the end of the sentence.